A Woman's Guide to decorating, socializing, and living in an oh so Lonely World!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Live Posting...The Golden Globes!

Ok so I'm sure you other Lonely Women are totally watching the Golden Globes right now. I for one am enjoying a lovely $8 bottle of Pinot Grigio and am wearing my formal bathrobe. The gowns for the most part have been gorgeous, minus Helen Bonham Carter (two different shoes? eek!) and Tilda Swinton (um shirt dress?) Here's the trends I've noticed thus far:
  • long sleeve dresses with shoulder pads (Angelina, Ann Hathaway, Jane Fonda)
  • Black is back! (Piper Perabo, Julia Stiles, Juliana Rancic)
  • Pink, pink, and MORE PINK!!! (Claire Danes, Emma Stone, Lea Michelle, Natalie Portman)
Ok the upsets/lonely woman disagreements so far:
  • Steve Buscemi wins over the dreamiest of dreams Jon Hamm??? Ack!
  • Who thought it was a good idea for Justin Bieber to present? He should learn how to read first. He'll never reach the heartthrob status of the boybands of yesteryear!
  • Andrew Garfield from the Social Network is WAAAY overrated. There. I said it.
What I'm love, love, love loving!!:
  • Chris Colfer winning from Glee!
  • Hottie McHotterson Christian Bale winning for The Fighter and he thanked his little girl...total cuteness overload!
  • Oh Ricky Gervais, you slay me. Can you believe he made a joke about Angelina and Johnny Depp? He's so edgy!
  • Eva Longoria showing up solo and taking "Parker" off her name when she was announced. You go girl! Welcome back to the club, who needs that cheating hubby anyway.
Ok so that's all I've got thus far, what else have you been noticing Lonely Ladies?

No comments:

Post a Comment